Start: 15 January 2018
Finish: 27 April (Consultation)
|А43||4 травня, п¢ятниця||час: 10.00||ауд: 8-8|
|А51||30 квітня, понеділок||час: 8.30||ауд: 8-8|
Final Test – 20.04
100 points (Practice: part I + Exam: part II)
I. Practice: 60 points
25 p : homework + classwork
15 p : current tests – (5 p. x 3 nos)
20 p : the Final Test – (20 p. x 1 no)
II. Exam: 40 points
18 p : Task 1. 3 Oral topics – 6 points x 3
12 p : Task 2. Language in use (vocabulary)
10 p : Task 3. Grammar. Find a mistake, correct it and explain the rule.
Module 4 : HEALTH
Topics for exam:
- Describe the symptoms of a person who has a flu and a person who has food poisoning. What treatments are usually recommended in these cases?
- Compare pros and cons of state and private hospitals in Ukraine.
- What attitudes towards health in different societies do you know?
- Compare holistic and western approaches to treating diseases. Which do you prefer? Why?
- What is the connection between bad habits and health? Give examples.
- Talk about the effects which bad habits can have on a person’s life.
- What is your idea of a healthy life style?
- Tell us about first-aid measures you would take to help a victim in emergency situations such as drowning, fainting, and heart attack, skin burns etc.
- Give a detailed account of a day when you were ill.
- What causes a fresher’s neurosis?
- Language: Body. Health Challanges.
- Grammar: Modal Verbs with reference to the present and future: ability, certainty, obligation
- Writing: Opinion. What is your idea of a healthy lifestyle? (here is an example with useful words and phrases of how to write an opinion essay)
- Language: Medical Care. Doctors and Patients
- Grammar: Modal Verbs: Past
- Writing: a. Give a detailed account of a day when you were ill. (Див. п. 4)
b. Compare pros and cons of state and public hospitals in Ukraine.
- Language: Injuries-diseases
- Grammar: Modal Verbs: Past
- Writing: What attitudes towards health in different societies do you know?
- Listening: Hospital
Тема 1: Describe the symptoms of a person who has a flu and a person who has food poisoning. What treatments are usually recommended in these cases?
Тема 2: What causes a fresher’s neurosis?
- Language: A medical emergency and first aid
- Grammar: see Language above
- Writing: Tell us about first-aid measures you would take to help a victim in emergency situations such as drowning, fainting, and heart attack, skin burns etc.
- Word-list : explain in English
- Language: Holistic Medicine
- Modal Verbs: Do exercise and check on-line : ))
- Writing: Compare holistic and western approaches to treating diseases. Which do you prefer? Why?
- Language: Dentistry + Modals +Tenses
- Be ready for the Current Test on 12/02: repeat the rules on Modal verbs: 1. Present/Future and 2.Past, Word-list “Health” and Tenses.
- Writing: A. What is the connection between bad habits and health? Give examples. B. Talk about the effects which bad habits can have on a person’s life.
12/02 – CURRENT TEST!
Complete revision of the Module “Health”
Module 5: HOUSING
Topics for discussion
Topics for exam:
- Describe in detail the accommodation you have at the moment.
- The factors you consider when buying and renting accommodation.
- Compare advantages and disadvantages of urban and rural lifestyles.
- Compare different types of accommodation.
- What types of accommodation seem the most attractive and the least convenient to you and why?
- What are the most common problems around the house and the ways to deal with them?
- Describe your ideal home.
- Describe the location, layout, interior decoration of your current accommodation.
- Compare advantages and disadvantages of living in a flat and a private house.
- Describe the park you enjoy walking in.
- Language: Urban and Rural Life
- Listening: City Living
- Grammar: Passive Voice -1
- Writing: Compare advantages and disadvantages of urban and rural lifestyles. For examples press “Language” above.
- Language: Description
- Grammar: Passive voice-2
- Writing: Describe the park you enjoy walking in.
- Language: Houses
- Grammar: Causative form: have something done
- Writing: Ex.9. Houses. Describe the location, layout, interior decoration of your current accommodation. Опишіть за допомогою вправи 9 з уроку 3 де знаходиться Ваш дім (будинок) і що є навколо нього. Залишіть місце в зошиті для того, щоб згодом дописати про внутрішнє оздоблення.
Перебуваючи вдома – вивчаємо дім!
12.03 – Current Test
Module 6: TRAVELLING
Topics for Exam:
3. What are the pros and cons of staying in a hotel and at a camp site?
5. What, in your opinion, is the safest kind of transport and what way of travelling is the fastest?
30. If you happen to make a world round trip what will your itinerary be like?
62. Tell us about the most memorable travel you have ever had.
4. Writing: Describe your recent personal travel experience.
- Topic: Lesson 3. Means of Traveling/Vocabulary to learn
- Grammar: Special Introductory Verbs p111-112 Ex.166
- Listening: Making plane reservations online (Check the mp3 file at the bottom of the page.)
- Writing: Recollect the most pleasant travelling you have ever had – H/W.
Revision of Units 1-3.
Word-list to the Topic “Travellin”
- Lesson 4: Streets-and-roads. Location. Check (study) the focus words and phrases in the beginning of the lesson.
- Grammar: Reported Speech. 1 стор – завдання. 2 – відповіді для порівняння та самоаналізу
- Writing: see lesson 4
- Study the “Asking and Giving Directions” at the picture (digital copy) at the end of the lesson 4. Do ex. 1 and ex. 4.
Module 1: “My Family and I” – 1, 13, 28, 31, 34, 37, 40, 43, 46, 52, 55, 58.
REVISION of the Lessons 1-4.
Word-list to the Module Travelling & Family!
- Lesson 6. Hotels
- Grammar: Questions. Commands.
- Writing: What are the pros and cons of staying in a hotel and at a camp site?
Check whether you are ready to speak on the following Topics for Exam
Module 2: Appearance, Character and Personality, Clothes
Personality: 4, 7, 53 – My Best Friend.
Appearance: 10, 21, 25 – My Favorite Movie Star.
Character: 15, 16, 22, 41 – Positive and negative traits of character of my favorite teacher.
Clothes: 11, 14, 19, 38, 47. – The clothes I wear can tell a lot about me. (character, social status, mood)
- Lesson 7:
Exam Topics Module 3: “Food” – 2, 6, 8, 17, 20, 24, 42, 44, 51, 54, 57, 63.